Egyptian Bread and Butter Pudding
- Keep the sheets of fillo in a pile, covered with a damp towel to keep them from drying out.
- Brush each one with melted butter and place them on top of each other on a buttered baking sheet.
- But the buttered fillo sheets in a preheated 3500F oven for about 10 minutes, until they are crisp and the top ones are slightly colored.
- When cool enough to handle, crush the pastry with your hands into pieces into a baking dish, sprinkling the nuts and Raisins between the layers.
- Bring the milk and cream to a boil in a pan with the Sugar and pour over the pastry.
- Sprinkle, if you like, with the cinnamon and return to the oven.
- Raise the heat to 4250F and bake for about 20–30 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Serve hot.