Easy Okinawan Vegetable Chample
From "Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group"
- From: The Okinawa Diet Program
- Recipe by Sayaka Mitsuhashi
- Serves 4
- 6 oz firm tofu, lite, excess water squeezed out with a paper towel
- 1½ cups sliced green beans, in 2-inch-long pieces
- ½ small cabbage, chopped
- ½ cup soybean sprouts
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick canola spray.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes and place in the skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden.
- Set aside.
- Coat the same skillet with canola spray and stir-fry the green beans, cabbage, and bean sprouts.
- Cook over medium heat until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Return the tofu to the skillet and toss with the vegetables.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Evenly divide among 4 plates and serve.
Per 1 Serving:
Caloric Density 0.24; 47 Calories (kcal), 4g Protein, 1g Total Fat, 0g Saturated Fat, < 0.1g Monounsaturated Fat,
< 0.1g Polyunsaturated Fat, 7g Carbs, 2.9g Dietary Fiber, 81mg Sodium, 60mg Calcium, 1.4mg Iron
- "Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends