Easy Chicken Stir-fry Skillet
This tasty stir-fry, made with lean meat, can fit into a healthful eating plan. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings, about 1¾ cup each
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed
- ¼ cup Asian sesame with ginger dressing
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- 4 cups hot cooked instant white rice
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook and stir 7 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add vegetables, dressing, soy sauce and honey; mix well.
- Cook an additional 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Serve over the rice.
Jazz it up
- Add 2 tsp grated orange peel along with the dressing.
- Prepare as directed, substituting blanched seasonal fresh vegetables,such as red pepper strips, sugar snap peas and thinly sliced carrots, for the frozen stir-fry vegetables.
- Diet exchange: 3½ starch, 3 meat (vl), 1½ fat
- Nutrition (per serving): calories 460
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group