Easy Bramley Apple and Sultana Bread
- Serves: 6 – 8, approx £0.35 per portion
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Copyright Phil Vickery
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 4.
- Place the oats and sugar into a bowl, add the grated apple, juice and oil, mix well and then leave for 15 minutes.
- Add the flour, sultanas, baking powder, mixed spice and egg and mix well, but carefully.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased and lined 1lb loaf tin.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- When cool, slice and serve with a smidgeon of olive oil spread (if that’s allowed)