Duckling Dar es Salaam
- 1 cup onions finely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes in small dice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp curry powder (optional)
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 4 tbsp oil or margarine
- 6 lb duckling, cut up into about 12 pieces
- 2 quarts water
- slightly green bananas or plantains (allow ½ banana per portion or 4 large bananas)
- Take the onion, tomato, salt, curry powder and crushed red pepper and fry in oil until soft.
- Add the duckling and water.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or bake at 350°F until duckling is tender.
- Slightly green bananas or plantains may be simmered with the duckling or they may be prepared separately and served as a side vegetable.