Duck with Olives
In Romanian: Rata cu masline
- 6 duck portions (breast, thighs, etc.)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 7 oz / 200 g black olives
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 3 onions
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or ½ cup wine
- 1 lump sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- Fry the duck pieces in 2 tablespoons of oil, add 3 – 4 tablespoons of water and simmer.
- Every now and then, turn the pieces, adding 2 – 3 tablespoons of water.
- When the meat is half done, add washed and pricked.
- Separately, fry the chopped onion in two tablespoons of oil until yellow.
- Add the flour, let fry a little longer, then add a cup of chicken broth or water, tomato sauce, salt, sugar, bay leaf and wine or vinegar.
- Pour this sauce over the meat and let boil until the meat is done.
- You may serve this warm or cold.