Dr. Pepper Lamb Shanks with Pan Gravy
This is the first recipe I made using my newly refurbished CE. I did not use a rack or helper handles. I did use the browning feature, though. I made the sauce and then added the browned shanks to the sauce and proceeded to cook under pressure. They turned out wonderfully! We all loved them.
- Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 3½ lbs lamb shanks (trim of as much fast as possible)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 can regular Dr. Pepper, not diet
- 1 can (14½ ounces) diced tomatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 packet dry taco seasoning mix
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro, packed
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large pressure cooker and brown lamb on all sides, set aside.
- Saute onion, cilantro and garlic.
- Stir in cola, undrained tomatoes, celery, and taco seasoning mix.
- Add the rack.
- Use foil helper handles to lower the lamb into the cooker.
- Lock the lid in place and cook 25 – 30 minutes or until done to desired finish.
- Use natural release method.