Down South Corn
Purchased from the Reinhart Estate in Ida, Oklahoma in 1992. Dated 1941. I make this at least 4 times over the summer when the corn is good and sweet. Yummy.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 4 dried chilies
- ½ pound salted butter
- 1 small white onion, chopped fine
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 to 4 cups fresh sweet corn kernels
- Deseed and toast chiles in 200°F oven for 5 minutes.
- Pulverize the chilies and reserve.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the Onion and sauté until softened about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, seasonings, and cream mix well.
- Stir in the pulverized chilies and let the mixture simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the corn kernels and simmer 2 to 3 minutes more.