Double-quick Dinner Rolls
- Mix 1¼ cups of the flour, the Sugar, salt and yeast in large bowl.
- Add water, shortening and egg; beat until smooth.
- Stir in remaining flour until smooth.
- Scrape batter from side of bowl. Cover and let rise in warm place until double, about 30 minutes.
- Stir down batter by beating about 25 strokes.
- Spoon into 12 greased medium muffin cups. Let rise until batter rounds over tops of cups, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.