This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium white onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 can beef consommé
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoons prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 3 cups hot cooked long grained white rice
- Melt butter in skillet over low heat then add shrimp and cook until browned.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat then add onion and garlic and sauté until tender over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients except lemon juice and rice.
- Heat to boiling then reduce to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice.
- Serve over rice.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group