Deep-fried Shrimp Balls
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 0.5 kg / 1 lb raw shrimp
- ¼ cup / 50 g peeled water chestnuts
- 2½ tablespoons glutinous rice powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine (or sherry)
- cooking oil for deep frying
- Shell the shrimp, dry them well and marinate with salt for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Chop the shrimp into rice grain sized pieces.
- Finely chop the water chestnuts and mix them with the shrimp, egg ,glutinous rice powder, rice wine and blend well.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer.
- Before it gets too hot, take a handful of the shrimp mixture and squeeze it through your fist between the thumb and forefinger to form a ball about the size of a walnut.
- Scoop it off with a wet spoon and dip it into the oil.
- You should be able to make about 20 balls.
- Fry for about 2 minutes.
- Stir to separate them and when they start to turn golden, scoop them out and drain.
- Serve with the tomato sauce, and salt and pepper mixed as a dip.