- Ethnicity - Punjabi, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Pick, wash and soak black urad whole and rajmah overnight in 5 cups of water.
- Cook the soaked dal and rajmah in 5 cups of water with salt, red chili powder and chopped ginger till dal and rajmah are cooked/soft.
- Heat oil and butter in a thick bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds, let it crackle. Add chopped onions and cook till golden brown in color.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic and chopped tomatoes. Sauté till tomatoes are well mashed and fat starts to leave the masala. Add boiled dal and rajma to this. Correct seasoning.
- Add garam masala Powder and simmer at very slow flame for 15 minutes. ( Slower it is cooked better the taste and the consistency of the dal.
- Add fresh cream and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with Paratha