- Wash dal thoroughly and then soak it in water for about 5-6 hours.
- Grind it in mixer to make smooth paste.
- Add chopped green chilli, ginger-garlic paste and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Take a katori and cover its mouth with a wet cloth. Hold the cloth tight from below so as to get flat surface on top. Put 1 tbsp. of urad dal paste on the top of the wet cloth and slightly flatten it with wet hands. Make a small hole in the centre.
- Slide this bada into the heated oil and deep fry until golden brown on medium heat. Similarly make all the badas. You can fry 5-6 badas at a time depending on how big is your kadhai.
- Once you are done with all the badas, put them in hot water for about 3-4 minutes so that they become soft.
- Squeeze out the water by pressing bada between the palms of your hands.
- Churn yogurt and salt together until it becomes smooth.
- Keep one cup of yogurt aside and add all the badas to the rest of the yogurt. Dahi badas are ready to serve.
- For serving, place dahi bada in a serving dish. Pour the yogurt (that was kept aside) on it. #Sprinkle red chilli powder and roasted cumin powder.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and tamarind chutney.
- Keep rest of the tamarind chutney and also green chutney in separate bowls at the side.