This recipe was on Alton Brown's TV show, Good Eats. It was featured on the episode "Casserole Over".
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss frozen vegetables with canola oil and spread evenly onto a sheet pan. Place into oven and cook until golden brown.
- In a saute pan heat 1 tablespoon of butter and sweat the onion and celery.
- In another saucepan, heat the broth and milk. Add 2 more tablespoons of butter to the celery mix and cook out the water.
- Add the flour and curry and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the hot milk mixture and cook until thickened. Add the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Toss the browned vegetables and the chicken.
- Pour into a shallow baking pan, or a large terra cotta pot base, lined with foil, and top with 6 to 8 circles of puff pastry.
- Place into the oven and cook until puff pastry has browned and the mixture is hot and bubbly, about 25 minutes.