Curried Flatbread with Vegetables and Thyme
- Caramelize shallots and butter in medium-sized sauté pan over low heat.
- Place eggplant in bowl, sprinkle with salt and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse eggplant, and toss in separate bowl with 1½ tablespoons olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Place eggplant on nonstick sheet pan, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until slightly golden and tender.
- Leave oven on, increasing temperature to 350 °F.
- In small bowl, mix remaining 2½ tablespoons olive oil and garam masala.
- Using pastry brush, brush flatbread with garam masala oil and place some caramelized shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, grape tomatoes and eggplant on top of flatbread.
- Place flatbread in oven at 350°F for 5 minutes, or until hot.
- To serve, place warm flatbread on each plate and top with sprigs of fresh thyme and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine warm water, yeast and sugar in small mixing bowl.
- Let sit for 3 minutes, then add butter, salt and dill.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with dough hook or mixing by hand, add flour until fully incorporated and dough is smooth, but not sticky.
- Form into ball, place in lightly oiled bowl and cover with damp cloth.
- Let rise in warm place for about 45 minutes, or until tripled in volume.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Divide into 4 or 6 equal portions.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough into thin, round discs about 6 to 8 inches in diameter.
- Place on lightly oiled sheet pan, and score with tines of fork.
- Brush with egg wash, and lightly sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and let cool.