Cuban Black Beans 2
- 1 pound black beans, rinsed
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1 medium-large garlic bulb - yup the whole thing used whole
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 limes; cut into thin wedges
- Place beans in a large pot with enough water to cover plus 2 inches and bring to a boil over high heat.
- When it is boiling, add the Onion, garlic, green peppers, bay leaves, and oil. Turn it down to a simmer. It should be done in 1-2 hours, but check to make sure the beans are sufficiently soft.
- Remove from the heat, add the vinegar and let sit 15 minutes. (If you think that you have too much liquid for your liking, use some of it to cook the rice.)
- Serve over brown rice.