- 1 bundle of kangkong
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (asin)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (paminta)
- 1 1/2 cup cornstarch
- cooking oil
- Remove the kangkong leaves. Wash in water and dry.
- Mix the egg, water, cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the kangkong leaves and mix until all the leaves are coated with the batter.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Fry the leaves until crispy and golden brown.
- Strain the cooked pieces for excess oil.
- An alternative to kangkong is spinach which is gaining popularity in most of the Filipino specialty restaurants as an appetizer.
- Dip in Mayonnaise.