Crispy Chicken Strips
- 12 chicken strips (or 3 large-sized boneless chicken breasts cut into 4 strips each)
- oil for frying
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon light cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry mango powder (amchoor)
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- salt to taste
- Mix chicken strips in a large bowl with all the marinade ingredients and let sit for an hour.
- In a bowl beat 2 eggs and set aside
- Heat oil in a pan and wait till oil is really hot.
- Dip each chicken strip first into beaten egg, and then into bread crumbs to nicely coat each strip.
- Fry chicken strips till brown and crispy. Serve with big bowl or french fries and ketchup and enjoy!!
If you want to avoid the use of excessive oil while frying, this dish can be altered by putting it in a 375 °F oven on broil for 15 – 20 mins till chicken is crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com