Crispy Breaded Burgers
This idea is revolutionary. I mean, who would ever think about making a burger that was crispy and breaded, right?
- 1 pound ground chuck
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 hamburger buns, split in half and toasted
- Form chuck into 4-ounce patties, about 3/4 inch thick, with a slight depression in the middle. Season on both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Dip burgers into beaten egg. Dredge in panko breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Heat a griddle over medium high heat 2-3 minutes. Add enough olive oil to generously coat the pan, and add patties. Cook 3 minutes per side for medium rare, 4 minutes for medium, and 5 minutes per side for well done (NOT RECOMMENDED).
- Spread cut side of buns with mayo. Add a patty on top of the bottom half of a bun, then top with top half. Serve warm.