Crescent Cream Cheese Bars
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 2 tubes crescent rolls
- 2 x 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg separated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Open and lay 1 tube of crescent rolls in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, making sure to seal the perforations.
- Combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, egg yolk and vanilla, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over layer of crescent rolls.
- Open and layout second tube of crescent rolls on a piece of waxed paper.
- Seal all the perforations.
- Place this layer over the cream cheese layer, peeling off the waxed paper.
- Slightly beat egg white and brush over the top.
- Combine ¼ cup sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator.