- Place the rice in a large saucepan together with the water bring to the boil then boil rapidly for 7-10 minutes
- Add the milk, cinnamon sticks and the lemon peel, bring to the boil
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and lemon peel, add the Sugar, mix well and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Add the salt and cook for 1 or 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat, transfer to a deep serving bowl, sprinkle with ground cinnamon and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cover with clingfilm and chill in the refrigerator.