Creamed Oysters on Rice
Makes 6 servings.
- 2 cups raw oysters with Liquor
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- Dashhot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, halved
- Dash paprika
- Pick over oysters to remove any bits of shell. Cook oysters in Liquor about 5 minutes or until their edges begin to curl.
- Melt butter, add flour, and brown slightly. Drain Liquor from oysters and add enough milk to liquor to make 2 cups liquid. Add liquid to flour, blending until smooth.
- Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add salt, pepper, and pepper sauce. Add oysters, celery and parsley; cook only long enough to warm oysters.
- Place ring on serving dish. Arrange eggs on rice and pour creamed oysters over all.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Garnish with parsley, if desired.