Cream Cheese Mints II
Contributed by Paula in California via Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yields: 80 – 90 mints
- 1 (3 oz package) cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon flavoring extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- for mint flavoring use green food coloring, lemon: yellow, strawberry: pink)
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- Stir all but the confectioners sugar together until well mixed; then mix all the sugar into the cream cheese mixture; kneading it with your hands.
- When completely mixed, roll into a large sausage like roll.
- Break off small amounts and roll into balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place balls on waxed paper, and press flat with fork dipped in confectioner's sugar.
- Let dry until tops are just dry, then flip and dry out the underside.
- Store in airtight container.