Cream Cheese Bananas Celeste
- 3 ripe but firm bananas, peeled cut in two,then in half again,lengthwise
- 1 (3 ounces) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, whipping cream, rum and cinnamon in a bowl and beat on high speed.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place half of the bananas in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Top bananas in half of the cream cheese mixture, then top that with the rest of the bananas.
- Top bananas with the remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with a little more cinnamon.
- (Yes, spreading the cream cheese mixture on the bananas is a little difficult, but it's worth it!) Bake at 325 degrees F, uncovered, for about 20 minutes, or until cream cheese is hot and a little bubbly.