Country Cheese with Raspberries
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: old newspaper clipping
- 6 – 8 servings
- 4 cup sour cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 – 4 strips lemon peel
- 1 pint raspberries
- In saucepan, heat sour cream until hot but not boiling.
- In bowl, combine egg yolks and 1 cup hot sour cream.
- Beat in cream cheese and sugar.
- Stir in remaining 3 cup hot sour cream and lemon peel.
- Turn into saucepan and cook, stirring, over low heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat and let stand in hot water 15 minutes.
- Discard lemon peel.
- Line strainer with fine cheesecloth and place over deep bowl.
- Pour in cheese mixture and drain for 2 hours.
- Cover cheese with ends of cloth and drain in refrigerator 24 hours more.
- Unwrap cheese and turn out onto plate.
- Serve garnished with berries.
- Can be prepared 2 days before serving.