Corned Beef, Cabbage and Peppers
- Cut cabbage into 1" wide wedges.
- Slice onion in rings.
- Remove stems and seeds from peppers and slice them in ¼" wide strips.
- Cut corned beef in thin slices.
- Using a dutch oven or other heavy pan, arrange half the cabbage on the bottom; top with half the onion, peppers, and beef slices.
- Repeat layers using remaining ingredients.
- Combine water, tabasco, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar.
- Pour over foods in pan.
- Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Serve in wide soup bowls or deep plates.