Corn, Okra and Tomato Stew
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Low fat cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sliced okra
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup lean ham, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
1.Spray a large saucepan wth low fat cooking spray.
2.Add okra, corn, ham, tomatoes and basil then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15–20 minutes or until okra is tender.
3.Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Corn, Tomato and Okra Stew from the Public Health Cookbook -- original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain