Company Shrimp Casserole
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Steep Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1989. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups white rice cooked
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups shrimp cooked and cleaned
- 2 cans cream of shrimp soup
- ¼ cup sliced almonds toasted
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- paprika for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté celery and pepper in butter until soft.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Place in 2 quart baking dish and garnish with paprika then bake 30 minutes.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group