Cold oriental noodles with peanut sauce
- 1 lbs spaghetti
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 cup Natural style creamy Peanut
- 1/3 cup Tamari soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sherry
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar -- firmly
- 3 cloves garlic -- finely
- 1 tsp ginger root -- minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes --
- 1 cucumber -- peeled and
- 4 Scallions -- thinly sliced
1 Cook the spaghettini al dente.
2 Drain and rinse under cold water.
3 Drain very well again.
4 With your hands, toss the noodles with half of the sesame oil.
5 Cover and chill until ready to combine with the Peanut sauce, or up to 24 hours.
7 Beat until well mixed.
8 The sauce can be kept in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 24 hours before serving.
9 Just before serving, gently toss the noodles with the sauce, cucumbers and half the scallions.
10 Garnish with the remaining scallions