- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Rub in the fat, then stir in Sugar and grated coconut.
- Add water, and mix into a firm dough.
- Turn out onto floured board, knead lightly, shape into a ball and leave covered for 15–20 minutes.
- Press into the centre and using a rolling pin, roll into a circular shape about 3/4" thick.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Decorate the dough with fork or knife marks.
- Put onto a flat, greased baking sheet and bake till brown for about 20–30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Cut into desired shape 2-3 inches wide.