Cocoa-Nut Meringue Cheesecake
- Coconut should be flaked and toasted.
- Combine coconut, pecans, and margarine, press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine cream cheese, Sugar, cocoa, water and vanilla, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Blend in egg yolks, pour over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F., 30 minutes.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan, cool before removing rim of pan.
- Beat egg whites and salt until foamy, gradually add marshmallow creme, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Sprinkle pecans over cheesecake to within 1/2-inch of outer edge.
- Carefully spread marshmallow creme mixture over top of cheescake to seal.
- Bake at 350 degrees F., 15 minutes. Cool.