Yellow coconut pudding that originated in Mozambique and serves eight (8). Again, the influence of the coconut farms of Mozambique are in evidence here.
- Combine the sugar, cloves and water in a 4 to 5 quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Continue boiling and stir constantly until syrup reaches 230°F on a candy thermometer.
- Reduce heat to low, take out cloves and add coconut.
- Mix thoroughly and cook 10 minutes on low heat.
- Take off heat.
- In a deep bowl, place 12 egg yolks.
- Beat them with an electric mixer for one minute.
- Stir in 1 cup of sugar, coconut mixture and then pour yolks into saucepan with rest of syrup.
- Cook at medium heat 10 minutes.
- Pour in 1-inch deep platter or individual dessert dishes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and refrigerate for 2 hours.