To make churri for 4 people we need:
- 3 deciliter of natural yoghurt
- 3 deciliter of buttermilk
- 2 cm of fresh ginger root
- 2 fresh green chilli-peppers
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seed
- 10 grams of fresh mint
- 15 grams of fresh coriander leaves
- 1 chopped onion
- a pinch of salt
- Put 1 teaspoon of cumin seed into a pan and roast them.
- Grind the roasted cumin seeds with a mortar.
- Chop 10 grams of fresh mint, 15 grams of fresh coriander leaves, 2 cm of peeled ginger and the 2 fresh chilli pepper. Grind into a paste.
- Add the yoghurt, butter milk and salt and make sure everything gets mixed up well.
- Add the onion and the roasted and ground cumin seeds.
Please look at Substitutions on how to replace the animal sourced ingredients (yoghurt made from cow milk and buttermilk) with vegetarian replacements.