Chunky Vegetable Chili
Contributed by Jenn b aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Source: Better Homes and Gardens
- Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 4 Hours
- Makes 4 Servings
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ½-inch pieces (1½ cups)
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- ½ cup coarsely chopped onion
- ½ cup coarsely chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 x 14½-ounce cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 x 17-ounce can whole kernel corn
- 1 x 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 8-ounce jar salsa
- dairy sour cream
- In a 3½ or 4-quart crockery cooker combine zucchini, green sweet pepper, onion, celery, garlic, chili powder, oregano, and cumin.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, undrained corn, drained beans, and salsa.
- Cover; Cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting For 4 to 5 Hours.
- To serve, ladle the chili into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream.