Recipe by: The New McDougall Cookbook
- preparation time: 0:30
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes, peeled, se
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup thawed frozen or fresh corn
- ½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup scallion, chopped
- ¼ cup zucchini, chopped
- ¼ cup mild green chiles, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped, opt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and chill for 3 to 4 hours before serving.
- Variation: this may also be prepared by pureeing half of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and leaving the remaining ingredients finely chopped.