Christmas Hazelnut Balls
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl except the confectioner's sugar.
- Use a large wooden spoon or your hands to mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes - a very important step.
- Form dough into 1¼-inch balls.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Do not overcook.
- Let stand 1 minute in pan then remove to wire rack.
- Cool until barely warm.
- Roll in sifted confectioners' sugar.
- Cool completely, then just before serving, roll again in the confectioners' sugar.
- Do not make them too large or they will not cook properly