Christmas Day Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- 1½ cups milk
- 6 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 oz butter
- 1½ cup mixed fruit
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- 2 cups baking bran flakes
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 red and green glace cherries
- 1 icing sugar
- Reheat oven to 375°F and prepare muffin pans.
- Put the first 4 ingredients into a saucepan and heat gently until butter has melted.
- While mixture is heating, sift the flour, spice, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl, stir in the bran and sugar.
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- Add the baking soda to the melted ingredients, then pour this and the eggs into the flour mixture.
- Quickly and lightly stir until just mixed.
- Spoon mixture into paper Christmas muffin cups or pans.
- Place a cherry on top of each.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until muffin springs back when lightly touched.
- Dust with icing sugar if wished and serve warm.