Chocolate and Peanut Butter Truffles
Makes about 3-1/2 dozen candies.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup REESE'S peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S cocoa
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- HERSHEY'S cocoa or finely chopped nuts or graham cracker crumbs
- Melt butter and peanut butter chips in large saucepan over very low heat, stirring often.
- Add cocoa; stir until smooth.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk; stir constantly about 4 minutes or until mixture is thick and glossy.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in cocoa, nuts or graham cracker crumbs.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Store, covered, in refrigerator.