Chocolate Mousse Crêpes
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Bailey Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1989. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- vegetable oil
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, milk and vanilla beating until smooth.
- Add eggs and beat well then stir in butter.
- Refrigerate batter at least 2 hours.
- Cook crepes on crepe pan or in skillet with oil.
- Pour 2 tablespoons batter into pan.
- Quickly tilt pan in all directions so batter covers pan in a thin film.
- Cook 1 minute or until lightly brown.
- Take 3 bowls.
- Separate eggs placing egg yolks in a bowl, four whites in second bowl and remaining four whites in third bowl.
- Melt chocolate over low heat then add yolks 1 at a time beating well after each addition.
- Blend in rum.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Beat 4 egg whites in each bowl until frothy.
- Gradually add ½ cup sugar to each bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Stir small amount of whites into chocolate mixture.
- Combine whites and gently fold chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate filling at least one hour then fill crepes and top with dollop of whipped cream and a few sliced almonds before serving.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group