|Time:||15 - 20 minutes|
A delicious macaroon cookie recipe that does not even require baking!
- 2 cups (480g) white sugar
- 1/2 cup (120g) margarine or butter
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup (120g) cocoa
- 3 cups (700g) oatmeal
- 1 cup (700g) coconut
- Place the bottom half of a double boiler on the stove to heat.
- Place a large metal mixing bowl on top of the boiler. Melt the margarine/butter in this bowl.
- Add the white sugar, whisk until dissolved.
- Whisk in the milk.
- Whisk in the cocoa, breaking up lumps first.
- Remove from heat, take to preparation area.
- Using a spatula, thoroughly mix in coconut and oatmeal. There should be no dry sections.
- Portion onto pan.
Notes, tips and variations
- If your macaroons are too crumbly, they have been overcooked.