Chinese Chicken Wings
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 24 chicken wings
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup dry sherry
- 1½ teaspoons ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 cups vegetable or peanut oil (for frying)
- Cut off tips of chicken wings if desired.
- Place wings into a large ziploc bag or storage container with soy sauce, sherry, ginger, garlic and honey.
- Stir to distribute all ingredients (except oil) and coat the chicken pieces well.
- Place in refrigerator overnight, stirring around occasionally to make sure all pieces are marinated evenly.
- Preheat oil to 360 – 365°F in a heavy bottom pan.
- Drain wings and lower several at a time into hot oil using tongs.
- Do not overload fryer to prevent oil temperature from dropping too much.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Recipe may be halved.