Chin Chin I
- 6 cups flour
- 2 cups butter/margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of milk (or additional cup of water)
- 10 tablespoons of Sugar
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Mix and/or knead the dough until it is smooth.
- Place some powder on a cutting board or other flat surface.
- Place some dough on the cutting board and flatten it until it is about ½ inch thick (1¼ cm)
- Cut the dough into little squares, each square about ½ inch by ½ inch (1¼ cm by 1¼ cm).
- Place some oil on the stove on medium heat, and allow the oil to heat up.
- Once the oil is hot, place a few handfuls of the cut pieces into the oil. (the oil may appear to foam...that is all right though rotating with a utensil will tame it a bit).
- Allow the chin-chin to deep fry until brown. Some people prefer it light brown, and others dark brown.
- Place the fried pieces on a napkin to soak up the extra oil.