Chicken with Rice and Peas
Makes 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ pounds chicken tenders
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup drained and chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen green peas or one 16-ounce can green peas, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Reduce heat to medium; add tomatoes, peas and oregano. Simmer 1 to 2 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and broth in small bowl.
- Add cornstarch mixture to skillet; stir until liquid comes to a boil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until sauce thickens.
- Serve over hot rice.