Chicken in Mango sauce
Chicken in mango sauce
- Peel and slice the mangoes
- Season the Chicken and then brown the fillets in a little hot oil to seal the flavours.
- Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, for about 20 minutes or until the Chicken is tender.
- Remove the Chicken to a hot dish and keep warm.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Whip the cream and then spoon it into the pan.
- Stir in gently and heat slowly until the sauce thickens.
- Mix the red wine and the Sugar and add to the pan except for 15 ml.
- Mix well.
- In a side pan, melt the margarine and toast the cashews until light brown.
- Put a few mango slices to one side for garnish, and, using the remaining wine, warm the other pieces and add to the sauce.
- Gently re-heat and then pour over the hot Chicken.