Chicken Wings in Peanut Sauce
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Active Time: 15 minutes | start to finish: 45 minutes
- Makes 4 (first-course) servings
- 4 lb chicken wings, halved at joint, tips removed if desired
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½ tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons Asian fish sauce
- 1½ teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Pat wings dry and toss with oil, ginger, and garlic.
- Arrange wings, thick-skin sides up, in 1 layer in a large shallow baking pan and roast in upper third of oven 25 minutes.
- Turn on broiler and broil wings, turning once, until nicely browned and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Make sauce while wings cook: Whisk together sauce ingredients in a large bowl until blended.
- Add wings to sauce and toss until coated.