Chicken Shreds in Noodle Soup
- Cook the chicken in water or broth and salt until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and reserve the broth.
- Shred the meat by hand; discard skin and bones.
- Mix the shreds with the chili powder, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Mix well so that the chicken develops a red color.
- Bring the reserved broth to a boil, add the noodles, scallion paste and garlic paste and cook until the noodles are al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the broth and noodles into a large serving bowl or individual bowls.
- Add the seasoned chicken to the center of the bowl but do not stir.