Chicken Pepper Skillet
Contributed by Tina at World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 bell peppers (red, green and yellow) cut into thin strips
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeno peppers
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil oven medium-high heat; add chicken and stir-fry until done and lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 15 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add bell pepper strips, sliced onion, cumin, oregano, and chilies.
- Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper; toss to combine well and serve.
Per Serving: Calories 174, Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 60 Mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Sodium 168 Mg.
- Food Exchanges: 3 low-fat meat, 1 vegetable.