Chicken Paprika II
Makes 6 servings.
- 12 chicken pieces (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ cups tomato juice
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Brown chicken on all sides in butter and oil in large skillet.
- Add onion; cook until onion is tender.
- Add paprika, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and tomato juice. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes, or until chicken is fork tender.
- Toss rice with parsley; arrange chicken on rice.
- Blend sour cream and flour; stir into liquid remaining in skillet.
- Cook until thickened, but do not boil; pour over chicken.