Chicken Liver Pâté
Every year during the winter holiday season, I enjoy making dishes to celebrate the holiday traditions. One my favorite dishes for these occasions when I was growing up was Chicken liver pâté. In our family recipe for chopped liver, butter is the secret ingredient that makes this pâté creamy, rich, and really delicious.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound chicken livers
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 sticks of butter
- Salt to taste
- Bread, such as baguette, sliced
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add onions and fry until they turn golden.
- Meanwhile, cook livers in boiling water for about 10-15 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a food processor, mix onions, livers, eggs, and butter until mixture is smooth.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for couple of hours before serving.
- Spread a thin layer on fresh or toasted bread slices.