- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1¾ cups chicken stock
- 1 small bunch scallions (five or six) chopped
- 4 ribs of celery — diced fine
- ¼ cup red bell pepper — diced
- 1 clove of garlic — chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 can (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes with chiles
- 1 cup water
- grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Turn your cooker on and let it heat up while you prepare the vegetables.
- Sauté the scallions, celery, and bell pepper in the butter.
- Add the chicken and cook just until the color begins to turn.
- Combine the chicken stock, canned tomatoes, water, garlic, cumin and chili powder in the warm slow cooker and add the chicken and vegetables.
- Stir once to blend.
- Cover and cook on high for one hour, then turn the heat to low for 4 – 5 hours.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.